Visit Die Keldery in the heart of the Namaqua West CoastOctober 2, 2018
White wine and tarragon potato salad
If you have Namaqua white wine in your cupboard you can use it to make this tasty dish. With the warm summer season in full swing, it’s the perfect salad for a family get together. Try this delicious white wine and tarragon potato salad:
- 450 g potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons Namaqua Extra Lite wine
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon minced shallots
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sliced onions
- 2 teaspoons thinly sliced chives
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon
- Put the potatoes in a pot of cold, well-salted water.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender – about 10 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a clean kitchen towel to dry.
- In a medium bowl, combine the wine, vinegar, shallot, mustard, garlic, sugar and 1/2 teaspoon salt.
- Whisk in the oil and season to taste with pepper.
- Add the potatoes, toss gently, and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in the onions, chives and tarragon; season to taste with salt and more vinegar.