Red wine risottoJune 28, 2018
Enjoy a fabulous wine and grape juice tasting at Die KelderyAugust 29, 2018
Red wine butter
Try this delicious red wine butter with your favourite Namaqua red wine.
- 100 ml Namaqua Johannisberger wine
- 1 onion
- 125 g /1/2 cup butter
- 1 bunch of parsley
- Cracked black pepper
- Finely chop the onion and place in a pan with red wine.
- Bring it to the boil and cook until there is pretty much no wine left. This takes a good 5-10 minutes.
- Set it aside to cool.
- Place the butter, parsley and a grind of pepper into the food processor and whizz.
- Add the red wine onions and pulse until everything is combined with a fabulous colour.
- Lay a large strip of cling film out on the bench, spoon the butter into a rough log onto the long edge of the cling film. (It will take up the centre 3rd of the cling film)
- Carefully roll the cling film around the butter, then pinch the ends together and keep rolling it tight until you have a nice tight log.
- Tie a knot at the ends of the cling film and store it in the fridge.
You can enjoy or buy your favorite Namaqua wines from 09:00 to 17:00 from Monday to Saturday at Die Keldery. Get 20% discount if you buy on Fridays.